I'm putting together an independent tour in England my my adult son and myself, and am thinking of the following itinerary:
- fly into Heathrow, spend 4 nights in London (with a day trip to Windsor)
- train to York for 2 nights
- train to Oxford for 1 night
- rent a car on departure and drive to the Cotswolds for 2 nights
- drive to Bath for 2 nights, return rental car on arrival
- train or bus to Heathrow for return flight home
We both enjoy history, architecture, nature and good food, and we are fairly adventurous. We don't care about shopping or theater.
I have visited London once previously, but didn't see anything else of England, and my son has never been to the country.