Please sign in to post.

Thanks to All of you!

My husband and I just got back from our 2 week trip to York and London and we had a fantastic time! I want to express my thanks to members of this Forum who offered advice, information and best wishes to us in the year we took to plan this trip. This was the best 35th Anniversary gift we could have given to ourselves! You folks are so generous with your time to "newbies" like my husband and myself and we are so appreciative. Now...we can't wait to return!
Our thanks again...Wendy and Mark

Posted by
2406 posts

Oh, how nice 😊 I just returned from York too, isn't it just great?!

Posted by
8710 posts

Pleased to hear you throughly enjoyed your 35th anniversary sojourn in England.

Posted by
32897 posts

so glad that you had such a great time, Wendy.

Can you say how the trains went for you? Any issues with the Two Together card on your phone?

Posted by
29 posts

No problems at all Nigel. We flew into LHR took Picadilly Line to Kings Cross and picked up our Two Together Rail card at the station. We each had our "passport style" photos available for them to put together the card. We spent the night in a Premier Inn close to Kings Cross and then took an LNER train up to York for our first week. I had purchased the tickets a few weeks earlier stating that we had a Two Together card and got a great price for two return tickets. No problems with the train, card or the trip.

Posted by
29 posts

Claudia we stayed at Vancouver Suites. We got a room on the second floor and the desk person thought he was putting us in a "garden view" room, but no...It was a bit noisy at night and we had to keep the window open because the temp was in the 80's F and 90F at one point...yikes! But the hotel was in a good location and the staff were so wonderful, that we just stayed put and enjoyed our time in London. Bayswater station was just a short walk away and was "our station" for the rest of the stay, lol. Thanks for the tip about Vancouver Suites.
'

Posted by
8710 posts

Great to hear Vancouver Studios worked out. Was a recommendation from a flight attendant and for years my go to place to stay.