Please sign in to post.

Something big going on in London Summer 2025

I was just planning our visit to Ireland and England, booking hotels, flights, tours, etc. One hotel was available in the morning, but I had more research to do and tried booking 3 hours later, nothing was available, in fact nothing for the entire month of July.

I called the hotel, via my Hilton Honors contact and the hotel reservation clerk for the Doubletree by Hilton Victoria said that "something is big happening in London next summer." They couldn't accommodate me, said rates would likely be higher if they did open up.
So I booked with a nearby Premier Inn.

What is going on in London next July?

Posted by
100 posts

I am only aware that there are a ton of big name live concerts happening in the UK in the summer of next year (Billie Eilish, Oasis, ec.)

Posted by
8071 posts

Thanks, but it is hard to believe that a couple of concerts could affect hotel accommodations in such a large city as London.

I did book at the Premier Inn Victoria not far from the Doubletree. I have never had a hotel shut down its reservations within three hours like that!

Posted by
7558 posts

Well, Taylor Swift certainly did just that. That's not to say that Oasis has the same level of fame, but they're pretty popular across the UK as is Billie Eilish.

I would think that if it were anything else, there would be something floating around on the web. Hotels get their information around the same time as everyone else. And the link I posted above discussed how hotel prices have skyrocketed in July because of this. But it's hard to tell without knowing your dates in London.

Posted by
1280 posts

The Oasis concerts are even bigger events than Taylor Swift here if you can believe that. I read that 14 million people tried to get tickets last weekend. It was all a bit chaotic and now politicians are getting involved. It’s been headline news here ever since the reunion was announced.

However, if you look at that hotel they are not taking any bookings at all after May next year so they are probably closing for a remodel or similar.

Posted by
1077 posts

Don’t look back in anger gevagriffith. You’ve just gotta roll with it.

Sorry - I’m guessing you won’t get those references - they are Oasis song titles.

Posted by
496 posts

"hard to believe that a couple of concerts could affect hotel accommodations in such a large city as London."

Not hard to believe- just demand and supply.

Posted by
2569 posts

I said maybe...Premier Inn's gonna be the one that saves me

Posted by
16019 posts

Last week, when Oasis tickets went on sale, one of the managers at my hotel went online to get tickets for one of the shows in Edinburgh. You could only get on the queue for one date. When I talked to her, she was about number 56,000 in line. She was online her entire shift. She didn't even get close.

Posted by
2595 posts

Oasis just added two additional dates in September, but that won't help you in July. You might wait a tiny bit to see if people release their hotel reservations in favor of those dates, I suspect there was a bit of a panic and things will sort out some over the next month or so.

FWIW I saw Oasis in 1996 in San Francisco for $17.50 general admission. Excellent concert even though Liam spent a third of the concert pouting back stage.

Posted by
148 posts

Oof, just caught up on this, and ... There are many things that I would like to say to you, but I don't know how

Posted by
112 posts

If that's the first stop on the Oasis tour, the demand is understandable. You want to make sure to go to the first one because they might fight and break up again before the second.

Posted by
2774 posts

LOL I have read several people advising that "make sure all travel is refundable if your are only going for Oasis" Lots of fans aren't sure they will actually make it to the stage.

(opps I missed the "post" telling us to quit posting. Of course that never works anyway - it's easier just to quit reading)

Posted by
33450 posts

Be here now. D'you know what I mean?

Don't go away, too much future here.

Oh, my big mouth, I should have listened.

Even if we want to stop, stand by me.

I hope, I think, I know you will like the answer posts.

But don't go away.... I will.

Fade in-out ... I'll go away.

Posted by
148 posts

Oh no ... The word is on the street that the fire in your heart is out

Posted by
1333 posts

Well, let’s at least hope they turn up the sun for the duration of the tour.

Posted by
14540 posts

I am too old to even know who Oasis is but your posts are cracking me up and making me go research their discography, lolol!

Thanks for the smiles and humor!

Posted by
2569 posts

Hannah, I'm sure you've heard it all before, but you never really had a doubt.

Posted by
148 posts

Pam! I'm glad you're joining in our younger Gen X / Elder Millennial delightful fun! It's almost like ... By now, you shoulda somehow realized what you gotta do

Posted by
4742 posts

I was in Seattle last year right after the invasion of the Swifties and the hotel operators and restaurants were still doing their happy dance, their occupancies were in the 90 percents.

And this is in addition to all those little feet stomping so vigorously during the show that they caused a measurable minor earthquake.