Please sign in to post.

Sky Garden

Has anyone booked a visit to Sky Garden? We are open to just a general visit or in one of the bars/restaurants. Any time May 4-6. It says Mondays it opens for the next three weeks or 30 days out for the restaurants. Our dates have yet to appear as available. Just wondering if I am missing something.

Posted by
6558 posts

I went there one morning, shortly after it opened, didn't have to reserve or pay. I had breakfast and admired the view and the plants. I was told they charge admission and require reservations starting in late morning (and probably into the evening, I don't recall). This was a couple of years ago. It was well worthwhile, and I'd have paid something to get in, and of course I paid something for my coffee and pastry.

Posted by
32905 posts

Dick, I had not known that they now charge admission.

They never have whenever I have visited, but my last visit was last year.

Posted by
32905 posts

I just looked on their website. Tickets are free.

Posted by
4008 posts

As soon as you are 3 weeks from the date you want to visit the Sky Garden, go to the website and book a time slot IMMEDIATELY. The slots will fill quickly so move as soon as soon as you can. It is free and is a great place to visit especially on day you arrive in London as that is what I did a few years ago and it helped me fight jet lag.

Posted by
6613 posts

Since we didn’t know when we’d be free to visit, we opted to go after 9pm when reservations are not needed. The line wasn’t terribly long. No charge.

Posted by
6558 posts

Sorry, my memory must be wrong about an admission charge. I think I went there one afternoon while in the area and was surprised to learn reservations were needed, but glad to be told I could get in early in the morning without one. This may have changed.

Posted by
3391 posts

The Sky Garden does not charge. They have tickets available ahead of time online and also same day tickets that you can queue for. When I was there over Christmas the lines were incredibly long and we didn't want to take the time. I highly recommend getting your tix ahead of time. Look to see exactly how far ahead you can book to the day and get on as soon as you can on that day. May is starting to get busy...it seems like whenever I go to London now, no matter the month, there are always plenty of tourists to compete with!

Posted by
143 posts

It seems my problem may be that Sky Garden is closed May 4-6 for some reason. Which is unfortunate because we arrive late the 3rd and leave the 7th. I have asked them directly and am awaiting a response. thanks for your help.