Please sign in to post.

School Half-term Holiday October 23-27, 2023 in London means crowded historic sights and London Eye?

Does a school half-term holiday October 23-27 in London mean crowded historic sights, and the London Eye, packed with kids? I read this "somewhere". I noticed some low hotel rates that week, and was wondering if the two are related.

My itinerary may include the Millennium Eye, Handel and Hendrix House, War Rooms museum, Tate Britain museum.

Thanks,

Steve

Posted by
511 posts

You’ll be fine with most of those attractions as they aren’t for the most part kid magnets. The Science and Natural History Museums are the ones that get super-busy during school holidays.

Although, that said, it’s tricky to second-guess because certain museums (such as the main Imperial War Museum) get school parties during term-time, which can be a pain.

I would expect room rates to rise during school holidays rather than the reverse. But to be honest London is always busy and pricy.

Posted by
2 posts

Golden Girl,

Thank you so much for your speedy reply. I really appreciate it!

Tale care.

Posted by
32909 posts

I'd agree with all of that... I'm surprised with the hotel price drop you found.