Please sign in to post.

Royal Ascot

Watching the Royal Ascot live as it happens on NBC.

I am not a sports fan but I love Horse Racing. I watch The Triple Crown and. a few years back, I discovered The Royal Ascot.

I love the Pomp and Circumstance and The Pageantry. Truthfully, I do not think that i would watch it if The Royals did not attend and participate. They add a Royal Touch. Great people watching and wonderful beautiful horses.

Posted by
4888 posts

There are horse races? Just kidding. I'm just more interested in the fashion on display.

Posted by
4888 posts

Knowing the Queen's passion for horses and racing, I'm sure it was one of her happiest moments. Of note this year, both King Charles and Sophie, Duchess of Edinburgh have had their horses win their respective races at Ascot.

Posted by
1939 posts

Claudia

I watched the video. Thanks for posting

One like myself (an ordinary human being) almost never saw The Queen so delighted and experiencing so much happiness and joy.

She was a magnificent person.

Posted by
1939 posts

CJean

I love the fashion myself but I love the Royals at The Royal Ascot. I love the Pomp and Circumstance. I enjoyed watching The Royals enjoying themselves.

Now when it comes to The Triple Crown, I like getting to know the horses, the jockeys, the trainers and owners. There are so many interesting stories. I also like the regional pride of every city where one of the three races is run.

Posted by
32825 posts

Reading about getting to know the horses and riders, when my family lived in and near Cheltenham my uncle was the landlord at a country pub near Cheltenham Racecourse. He knew all the nearby yards, all the owners and jockeys and stable hands, they all went by his place. He knew Lester Piggott well and all of the others. Each year at the time of the Gold Cup he knew many of the punters too......

Nobody from Royal Ascot though.

Good memories

Posted by
5277 posts

Shame about the horses that have to die just so that we can be entertained. Another 'sport' that should be confined to history.

Posted by
934 posts

JC has brought up an important side topic, but it also quickly leads things off topic. The OP and I chatted on the side, and decided to nip the side topic in the bud. Let's keep this thread about the Royal Ascot event. Thanks, everyone.