Please sign in to post.

Renting a car in Bath

I'd like to rent a car at or near he Bath train station. Any suggestions?

Posted by
1855 posts

Youy best bet seems to be Enterprise on Lower Bristol Road Bath, which is on the western outskirts of Bath and about 2.5 miles from Bath Spa Station.

Posted by
4114 posts

We rented from that Enterprise in 2018 and if you gave them 24 hours notice, they would come and pick you up.

Posted by
5329 posts

Not clear when you want to do the hire but prices are incredibly high at present to being completely unavailable at times.

Posted by
21 posts

Following

We too will be visiting Bath (in October) and exploring the Cotswold's after picking up a rental car in Bath. I've been searching car rental companies for several months now and as previously expressed, prices are astronomically high. Some only offering VANS! I've looked at National, Hertz, Enterprise, Alamo, Europcar and British Car Hire (kinda like a kayak of sorts for British car rentals).....British Car Hire had some low prices......a MINI for $177 for 6 days.

Not sure whether to wait until the summer rush has ended with hopes of lower prices or buy now in order to hedge my bets against lower inventory (higher prices) in October????

Posted by
5329 posts

It may get slightly better after August but there is a general supply problem as well as demand. My local Enterprise is currently charging less for a full-sized commercial van than any car, let alone considering such thing as automatic transmission.