Please sign in to post.

Prescription Medications

I'm going to the UK and France next week for 30 days. I take about 15 prescription meds plus some OTC ones. The original pill bottles take up huge amounts of space, so I'd rather put them in small plastic bags with a med label in each bag. Anyone foresee issues with TSA or customs anywhere?

Posted by
4140 posts

In twelve years of European travel , no one has ever even glanced at my medications and I carry ten different kinds , 90 day supplies

Posted by
6113 posts

I have never had my medication checked, but I never use plastic bags and technically, it should be in the original packaging. You will probably be ok.

Posted by
32772 posts

same answer as your duplicate in the France Forum

Posted by
2736 posts

I use plastic pill bags. Ask your pharmacist for a copy of the prescription label to label your pill bag. I found it helpful to put AM pills and PM pills in separate baggies. Local Kroger subsidiary sells snack size ziplock bags in a box of 5 colors; very easy to know morning from evening. I also took 10 extra days of each pill just in case I was delayed returning home.

Posted by
115 posts

I just did two weeks in Europe. this was the first time I didn't carry all my. pill bottles. I bought very small ziplock at Hobby Lobby and marked them Am and Pm. I took an extra week of medications in case I got delayed. I do take two controlled medications so I took both of those bottles. Empty just In case I was asked about them.

Posted by
5326 posts

His Majesty's Customs recommends carrying medicines in original containers but it is not obligatory. Unlikely to be an issue especially with documentation.