Please sign in to post.

Prescription drugs

Has anyone had any issues bringing prescription drugs into the UK? Not to get too personal but I have an auto immune disease and take quite a few prescribed drugs. Plus both of my teenagers need motion sickness drugs (Dramamine) for part of our tour. Anyway in light of recent events just checking. Thanks!

Posted by
32772 posts

Put them in your carry on not in checked baggage. If any are liquids have them with your 3-1-1 but can be in a different similar bag.

What "recent events"?

Posted by
9 posts

Thanks Nigel. I guess I’m talking about that English woman traveling to Egypt who was jailed for carrying narcotics to her “husband”. I won’t be carrying narcotics only prescribed medication. Thanks for the thread.

Posted by
2776 posts

I’ve never had an trouble with my prescription medicine. As Nigel said keep them in your carry on bag.

Posted by
6547 posts

I’ve never had a problem in any country and in fact, have never been asked.

Posted by
15016 posts

Just make sure you have a copy of the prescription for each. (If you are bringing them in their original container with the prescription label attached, that is fine. If not, get copies of those labels from your pharmacist.

Like everyone else, I have never been stopped and I travel with a three month supply.