Please sign in to post.

Premier Inn Victoria

We've booked a room at the premier Inn for our 4 days in London this September. We haven't yet finalized our itinerary for London, so would appreciate comments on the hotel, nearby eateries, tube stops, attractions, and anything else we should know before we go.
Thanks. We're getting excited!

Earl

Posted by
8663 posts

Buckingham Palace is an easy stroll from that Premier Inn. Maybe 15 minutes. Parliament Square:
( Parliament, Elizabeth’s Tower with the Big Ben
bell and Westminster Abbey ) is 20 minutes away.

A favorite and lovely pub, the Buckingham, is near by. Windsor Castle pub has been refurbished. Another spot to rest your feet. Or my favorite pub The Two Chairman on Dartmouth @ Queen Anne’s gate. FYI through the years, Queen Anne’s Gate road and buildings, have been used for interior and exterior filming.

If you get out before 10am and wander toward St James Park and the Wellington Barracks you can watch the soldiers march toward the Palace for the Changing of the Guard ceremony. Stand on the corner of Buckingham Gate and Birdcage Walk and you’ll see and hear them.

As far as tube stations: Victoria, St James and Pimlico.

Giraffe, a perfectly fine London restaurant chain, is a 2 minute stroll from your accommodation.

As far as anything else before you go, use Google Maps to see whats close by the Premier Inn locale.

Lastly, a hidden gem is Westminster Cathedral. Gorgeous exterior and interior. Not to mention a world famous choir.
https://westminstercathedral.org.uk/music/

Posted by
1325 posts

You’re near Hyde Park and Belgravia, it’s definitely a great place to walk around.
I quite like Kensington Gardens, you could also visit Kensington Palace. I’d buy an HRP membership if you’re also thinking about visiting Hampton Court Palace or the Tower of London. https://www.hrp.org.uk/#gs.475due

Edited to add that I do quite like Westminster Cathedral, it’s a Roman Catholic Cathedral. My friend worked nearby so him and I went to see it and I quite liked it.

Posted by
1825 posts

Thanks, Claudia. I have stayed in the general area many times, but not at that Premier Inn. I will be there in Sept (finger's crossed) and appreciate the pub recommendations.

Posted by
619 posts

At Cardinal Place, across the road from Victoria Station, you will find a wide selection of restaurants of different styles and at a variety of prices. It's a popular tourist/business/leisure destination so there is bound to be something to suit, as well as places to buy sandwiches, snacks, and things to heat in your room, if you have the facilities. Check the website at https://createvictoria.com/.

Posted by
187 posts

We stayed at this Premier Inn a couple weeks ago. Great location. Agree with the recommendations for Westminster Abbey. It was fantastic!! We also did the London Walks “Hello London” walking tour, which was quite easy to get to and included Buckingham Palace. Our favorite pub was The Queens Arms. We didn’t bother buying the Premier Inn breakfast. There were several breakfast places nearby, and great coffee at the Caffe Nero (a chain but really good espresso). Enjoy your trip!

Posted by
11 posts

Thanks all for the helpful up to date info. We're traveling in September, sure hope the strikes have been settled by then!