Please sign in to post.

Premier Inn London County Hall

I'm thinking of booking a room here, but I haven't been able to find out if they have refrigerators in the rooms. I've read some reviews on Trip Advisor that said they did. But the web site says nothing about it. I know a lot of posters here are very familiar with Premier Inns, so I thought I'd ask here.

Posted by
27122 posts

I don't think I've ever had a refrigerator in a Premier Inn room, and I've stayed at that Premier Inn. It's possible they have different categories of rooms, though, and I normally opt for the cheapest room available. The friend who shared my room at the County Hall PI confirms my recollection that we had no refrigerator.

Edited to add: Good news! I've checked the Premier Inn website, and County Hall has both "Standard" and "Premier Plus" rooms. The Premier Plus rooms have mini-fridges.

Here's the info:
https://www.premierinn.com/gb/en/hotels/england/greater-london/london/london-county-hall.html?ARRdd=11&ARRmm=01&ARRyyyy=2023&NIGHTS=1&ROOMS=1&ADULT1=1&CHILD1=0&COT1=0&INTTYP1=DB&BRAND=PI.

I'm curious about the "improved refreshments", because I don't remember having refreshments of any kind at any PI. The PI Holborn had ice water in the lobby this year (early September).

Posted by
353 posts

Thank you acraven and Laura.

After you gave me that information, I went back to the website. Apparently it won't show you the premier plus rooms unless you say you want a double. Won't work for a twin or a family room. I was looking for a twin room because my 14 year old daughter will be with me. She said she'd rather have a fridge, and doesn't mind sharing a bed, so I entered two adults for a double room and the premier plus rooms showed then. So I booked it.

Most of the reviews on Trip Advisor are good. And I know posters here have enjoyed their stays there, so I am happy with booking this hotel. My stay isn't until May/June, but I'll report back on how premier plus rooms are. Thanks for the help!

Posted by
8383 posts

Mary, this location is an excellent location. I think you will enjoy your stay there very much. I'm glad you found the room type that feels like it will best meet your needs.

Posted by
20 posts

My husband and I stayed here for 7 nights in September. We had a Premier Plus room and did have a refrigerator.
Everyone was very nice and accommodating. We left our luggage there in the am in their locked storage room without any problem. The location was excellent.

Posted by
353 posts

Thank you hardyjn! I was going to ask about luggage storage on arrival, but forgot. That is reassuring, as we're scheduled to arrive very early.