Please sign in to post.

Premier Inn family rooms

Hello! I'm taking my 2 daughters, 19 and 16, to London in June. I'd like to book a family room in a Premier Inn (I stayed in one last year and really enjoyed them), but their reservation system says 2 adults max and the children need to be 2-15 years old. Does anyone know if they are strict on this policy? Will they ask for my daughters' passports, not just mine, upon check-in?

Posted by
3955 posts

Yes they are strict. You can call to see if a particular PI has a bookable family room for 3 adults or book a room with a second adjoining room. This is what we did for more than 2 people in 2019 and it was so nice to have 2 bathrooms for multiple people and also have our own sleeping areas.

Posted by
27122 posts

Alas, calling is rarely a successful strategy with Premier Inn. Phone coverage at individual hotels is extremely weak. I never got an answer, nor was there a way to leave a message--just a recording saying, in effect "We're busy right now", and then a hang-up from their end.

I sometimes got a response to an email inquiry. Email addresses for individual hotels aren't easy to find. I ended up Googling for a Facebook page for the specific hotel I was interested in and looking there for an email. Sometimes I found one, and sometimes I got a response.

You might try Googling family room Premier Inn, or if you've narrowed your options down to just a few PIs, include the name of the specific hotel in the search. Maybe you'll find something in a review on TripAdvisor. There's a good chance the PIs you're interested in won't show up on booking.com.

Posted by
1007 posts

The Travelodge chain allows 3 adults per room so might be a good budget option. There are several in London.