Please sign in to post.

Premier inn county hall

Hi, we will be in London this March. A few years ago, we stayed in the covent garden area. This time, my sister booked the premier inn county hall close to the London eye. We will be taking my 17 years old niece and it will be her first time. I wonder if this area will be as convenient as the covent garden area in terms of transportation/ taking the tube. We plan to visit the Tower of London, National art gallery and watch a musical show. Thanks for your response.

Posted by
7209 posts

Yes, it's convenient. Waterloo station is across the street, Westminster station is just across Westminster Bridge, the London Eye is right at your bedroom window, and in just a little walk by the Thames and across the bridge is Embankment Station.

Posted by
8663 posts

Yes very convenient.

As Tim has mentioned you are close to tube and train stations and for the “must see “ Parliament Square it’s a simple walk across the nearby Westminster Bridge.

If Starbucks fans there’s one about 200 yards away across the road from the entrance to where the excellent production of Witness for The Prosecution is taking place. It’s right next to the Premier Inn. IMHO you should consider getting tickets to the show! Was a highlight of my three week stay.

It’s a nice easy walk to the National Gallery from where you’ll be staying. Could either walk over Westminster Bridge and turn right on Whitehall and walk up past the Horse Guards to Trafalgar Square and the Gallery OR walk along the Thames path past the London Eye and Jubilee Gardens to the Golden Jubilee Bridge, climb the stairs and walk across it and on to Trafalgar Square.

I was just in this area in December. I’d tubed in from the suburb of Chiswick attending a performance of Witness of the Prosecution at County Hall. 30 minutes Turnham Green Station to Westminster Station on the District Line. Then simply walked across the Bridge.

Having been to London before you know with access to the tube you’ll be able to get to all of the places you’ve mentioned. Get the pocket sized tube map at the Westminster station and plan your routes or with the hotel WiFi use the tfl.gov.uk website.

From Waterloo to Tower Hill ( right across the road from the entrance to the Tower of London) will take about 25 minutes with one change. Bakerloo to Embankment then change to District or Circle Line.
Or walk over to the Westminster Station and take the District or Circle Line to Tower Hill. Maybe a 15 minute ride.

You’ve made a good choice. Don’t fret!

Posted by
8373 posts

I found this location to be very convenient when I had a week stay in London last year. I stayed a block away at the Premier Inn Waterloo and was quite pleased.

Posted by
733 posts

Thanks a lot for all your replies. Glad we made a good choice. We have never attended the witness for prosecution but will do so this time. Thanks again!

Posted by
97 posts

It’s an excellent location! We stayed there last March and were very pleased with how easy it was to get around. As mentioned, the two tube stations are very close. There is a lot to do and see within walking distance. Within 1-2 blocks, there are also numerous bus stops and we enjoyed taking the buses quite a bit. Finally, the boat cruise is available right by the Eye. We took the boat to Tower of London and it was great!