Please sign in to post.
Posted by
1420 posts

I’ve noticed the Pound has been dropping like a ton of bricks the last few weeks. Maybe they should call it the Ounce.

Posted by
6534 posts

Great for my hotel and rental car costs for my upcoming Scotland trip and definitely better than when it was $2.08 to £1 a decade or so ago.

Posted by
10221 posts

I arrived in Scotland a few days ago and have a lot of time planned for here and in England. Great news for me, though I wish I could go back and pay for prepaid things with todays rates.

Posted by
44 posts

We’re heading to London in a few weeks. Darn, all ten nights prepaid months ago.

Posted by
1803 posts

I remember being in London when it was 1.90 USD per £. So I’ll happily take the current rate. Of course the flip side of this is that for UK based travelers trips to the US have gotten more expensive.

Posted by
8440 posts

I am more concerned for friends and family who live there and must deal with the inflation and energy situation.

And while its a boon to US travelers, a strong dollar means bad news for US exports, and fundamental instability in the world economy.

Posted by
457 posts

We’re heading to London in a few weeks. Darn, all ten nights prepaid months ago.

Too late to cancel (hopefully with full refund) and rebook? ... then again, for the sake of a few $$$, might not be worth it.

Posted by
518 posts

For whatever it's worth. If you paid in pounds your refund would also be significantly less. That happened to me with the euro