There's quite a bit of good advice re travel to Italy and on some of the various related threads people are voicing opinions on travel in general right now. So sorry to be starting yet another thread but I'm trying to make a decision and having a horrible time doing it.
I have a trip booked to London from March 13-27. I know I won't get any airfare back if I cancel but it was so cheap ($340) that I really don't care. But I have hotel reservations amounting to about $1000 for the two weeks that I only have until tomorrow to cancel. On the one hand I'm not really worried about myself getting sick, I honestly think the chances are very slight but my worry is about travel disruptions and closings.I had planned on doing several day trips by train. I never would have thought a city like Milan would effectively close down but it did happen. Photos of Milano Centrale essentially deserted are really spooky. Even more worrisome would be getting caught in a quarantine. I know RS tours and others are still gong to England (and elsewhere except northern Italy) - those people aren't canceling (or at least the tours aren't) so I feel like I should just go. On the other hand, it's not that important a trip to me. I'd probably go to NYC instead for a few days where the chance of getting the virus is probably equal to that of London but at least I can just drive home at a moments notice rather than being dependent on a flight.
Just looking for thoughts.