Please sign in to post.

Oyster Card

Where can you purchase a weekly Oyster Card in Heathrow?

Posted by
650 posts

There is or at was in 2012 a Tube Station ticket window just before the entrance to The Tube. But what is a weekly Oyster Card? I have an Oyster Card, but it's pay as you go. A weekly Oyster Card sounds like a pass of some kind. You can add a week travel pass to your Oyster rather than use it tp pay as you go. Is that what you want to do?

Posted by
2483 posts

You can buy an Oyster Card at the tube station - there's no such thing as a weekly Oyster Card. In itself it's just a plastic card - what you add on to it is what matters i.e. a Travelcard or simple Pay as you Go cash.

Posted by
1265 posts

Frank - You can buy a 7 Day Travelcard at ticket machines at tube stations

Posted by
23177 posts

That is what I thought but could not quickly confirm anywhere but here.

Posted by
3514 posts

You can get an Oyster at any Tube station ticket machine.

You can add a Week Travel card to the Oyster. This can save you money if you are staying within specific zones of the Tube when you travel. Good thing about using the Oyster / Travel card combo is if you accidentally or on purpose stray out of the zones your Travel pass cover, you aren't stuck because the funds on the Oyster cover that excursion.

Posted by
4684 posts

If you want to use your week Travelcard to get from Heathrow into London, you will have to get one for all six zones. If you are not visiting a lot of suburban destinations it may well be cheaper to get a Zone 1-2 weekly Travelcard and put some additional money on the same Oyster card to cover the journey from Heathrow and any other odd trips outside the central area. If you do it on the same Oyster card the extra fare will be calculated and paid for automatically.