Please sign in to post.

One day in London

I will be in Paris this September, however I want to take the train to London for one day. My question is: after arriving at St. Pancras station, how far/complicated is it to say, to the west end shopping areas? Thanks everyone!

Posted by
10 posts

Hello Emma,

I am an avid shoe-aholic, and I'm curious to see how London compares to Paris in that category. I also wish to visit one museum that feature my other interest, Tudor England.

Posted by
63 posts

Hi Christie, I second Emma's suggestion for Selfridges on Oxford Street for a gigantic shoe selection. You won't be disappointed. If you have time, also check out Liberty Department store. It doesn't have the best shoe selection but it has very unique products and is housed in a beautiful building on Regents Street. The arcades also would provide you with a unique London shopping experience (Piccadilly arcade and Burlington arcade).

If you're interested in the Tudors, might I suggest the National Portrait Gallery just off Trafalgar Square. They have a lovely small Tudor gallery which is FREE and just small enough for you to get through in the limited amount of time you'll be in London.

Have a lovely trip!

Posted by
8647 posts

Thumbs up for Selfridges and Liberty visits. You'll love them both with an "oh my" uttered in each. As Emma noted Carnaby Street worth a stroll. I'd chose the Museum of London for your Tudor interest. Unfortunate you have only a day as a train ride to visit Hampton Court would more than satisfy your Tudor quest. Its fabulous.

Posted by
32706 posts

Just to say I don't often don the very high heels myself, but....

Victoria Beckham has a shop in Dover Street. No shoes that I am aware of but a few extremely high end bags and clothing. Very exclusive, very few sales, very high prices. Her husband has just given her a very large payment to keep it afloat so anything from there may be a collector's item in more ways than one fairly soon.

You have Jimmy Choos in LA. Yet there are two flagship stores in London; one very near VictoriaBeckham (I think they leave out the space at the moment) in Dover Street, the other in New Bond Street. They also have a concession at Selfridges. Pretty deep pockets required there too, I am led to believe.