Please sign in to post.

Nadler Hotel - Covent Garden

Hello! Traveling to London for first time - how is the Nadler and thinking this location is central for many sites. Would you agree? Greatly appreciate it!

Posted by
14944 posts

I'm a regular at the Nadler Kensington. The brand is excellent and have heard good things about Covent Garden. The hotel opened in February.

The location is great for sightseeing and the room amenities are good. The Nadler chain prides itself on customer service.

Posted by
27062 posts

The hotel seems to be just a tad closer to the Charing Cross tube station than the Covent Garden station, basically between the two. It would be within walking distance (for me) of the West End theatres, the National Gallery, the National Portrait Gallery, and some tourist destinations on the South Bank, including the National Theatre. I've thought in the past that the area immediately around the Charing Cross tube station was too busy for me to enjoy staying in the area--like a really busy part of Manhattan (though I haven't been to NYC recently). This may be just far enough away from Covent Garden to be somewhat less, well, frenetic. Or perhaps that's the atmosphere you prefer.

Edited to add: Rats. That's not what I meant to type. It's the area right around the Covent Garden tube station that seems very hectic to me.

Posted by
3 posts

Thanks to each of you! Greatly appreciate the information!

Posted by
4037 posts

The hotel is a few blocks away from the lavishly restored and expanded Royal Opera House. The backstage tour explores the intricacies of staging a very complicated variety of theatrical performance and the surroundings recall the most opulent times of the British empire. Book ahead for the tour.