I've searched and read previous posts around good options for a hotel at the Manchester Airport. I'm still seeking some additional guidance based on the following:
- My husband has a 0715 flight out from MAN on Saturday morning.
- He will arrive to Manchester Friday and will have a rental car through National - when to return depends on the next item and your answers.
- He will be traveling for work and travels with three large boxes ranging in weight from 50-70 pounds each. This in addition to his carry on luggage.
So my questions are:
- Has anyone used National Car Rental at MAN and, if so, how was the return process for you? It looks like returning at 0400 Saturday morning would be after hours versus turning in during business hours on Friday.
- Based on the twist of traveling with the three large boxes, any thoughts on the easiest/most convenient hotel option?
- Typically, moving the boxes around the hotel or the airport isn't a big deal, he stacks them on the hotel cart or the airport luggage trolley and he's good to go. Any insights from those of you with MAN experience of navigation suggestions or challenges he may experience?
My husband has been traveling internationally through COVID and we've become very good at navigating the paperwork and entry requirements but neither of us has been to Manchester before so I'm hoping to help him have as smooth an experience as possible. (I can't even look at his SkyMiles account anymore because he's racking up all these miles that I can't use!)
Edit: My husband received an email from his customer with confirmed hotel reservations for his time in Hull as well as his Friday night in Manchester. They’ve booked him at the Crown Plaza at MAN. That takes care of that!