Please sign in to post.

London Walks

I went on a walk today in dreary, rainy London. It was with London Walks. I was the only person who showed up to take it. I told the guide he didn't have to give it but he insisted saying I showed up so I should get the walk.

So for £10 I got a private walk. I asked and he said had I booked a private walk it would have cost £150. We had a great conversation discussing the topic which happened to be P.G Wodehouse.

Thanks to Richard (IV) my guide.

Posted by
1936 posts

They have such wonderful guides at London Walks. I think I only had one so-so guide but most of them are enthusiastic and fun(they are actors).

It's a bank holiday weekend so most people were probably away for the hols.

Posted by
1321 posts

I've heard different policies for walks that have very low attendance. It probably depends on the guide. A private walk like that sounds perfect with plenty of time for interaction with the guide and questions. I'd love to have that happen for one of the politics or rock music walks that I love from London Walks.

Posted by
32519 posts

I didn't know there was a Wodehouse tour! You lucky guy!!! And private!!!

I have definitely noted that Richard (IV) leads that one monthly. Now on my ASAP list.

Thanks, Frank II

Posted by
14811 posts

Yes, it was the monthly/semi-monthly Wodehouse walk. He said he usually gets about a dozen people.

He's very knowledgeable on Wodehouse and quoted quite a bit from the books.