Please sign in to post.

London trip

I am arriving Heathrow at pm and would like to travel by rail to paddinngton stan and then will go to Aldgate station where I have my Hotel booked and then would like to travel in London city for the rest of the evening and for next 2 days .
What is the best option for me for rail ticket or 1 day pass can someone who knows the system enlighten me please.

Posted by
278 posts

Do you need to go to Paddington for some reason? If not get the Elizabeth Line to Liverpool Street and then either walk or get the Metropolitan Line to Aldgate. Use contactless cards or Apple Pay to pay for the trip. You would get more accurate advice if you said where exactly near Aldgate.

Posted by
9079 posts

As noted NO need to go to Paddington Station.

You can travel from Heathrow to Aldgate station. Would merely require a simple change at Liverpool Street Station.

From LHR take Elizabeth Line to Liverpool Street. Get off. The take Metropolitan Line Underground train from there to Aldgate. Get off and walk to the accommodation you’ve booked.

I’m presuming when you say London City you merely mean seeing the London sites: Parliament, Westminster Abbey, Tower of London, Buckingham Palace; etc.

Easiest way is to make use of the London Underground. Look at this website:
https://tfl.gov.uk/

Look on line at the London Tube Map. You could also use busses or your own 2 feet. The Palace, Westminster Abbey, Parliament and Elizabeth’s Tower housing the Big Ben bell are within easy walking distance of one another.