Please sign in to post.

London Play

I am going to London for a long weekend in Nov (2022). I would like to fit in a play. Preferably funny. Any recommendations?

Posted by
8680 posts

www.whatsonstage.com

Comedy: The Play That Goes Wrong.

Otherwise I throughly enjoyed Witness for The Prosecution at County Hall. Its set in an actual courtroom. Drama not comedy.

Posted by
115 posts

I was recently in London and saw Le Mis, and Wicked. Enjoyed them both.

Posted by
1287 posts

Hey Kris -

In November the Globe Theatre won’t be doing live performances but the smaller Wanamaker Theatre adjoining should have a programme running which would be worth checking out. The theatre itself is a reconstruction of a Jacobean Theatre, and seats only a small audience and, in November, mercifully isn’t open to the elements as the Globe is. They do plays and concerts - I’m sure there’ll be a listing online.

Ian

EDIT. It’s The Sam Wanamaker Playhouse - I do beg it’s pardon! Website: https://www.shakespearesglobe.com/whats-on#day

Seems to be mainly Henry V during November. Stirring, but not that many laughs!

Posted by
2743 posts

Friend and I saw SIX in London early this month. High energy, great music, funny. It was nominated for a Tony in the US last year so I knew it should to be good. We loved every minute of it.

Posted by
1039 posts

If you'd consider a musical, see "Matilda: the Musical" while you still can. Funny, heartwarming, great music. Based on the Roald Dahl book. Tony and Olivier winner.