Please sign in to post.

London Pass

I apologize for asking this but the search tab did not help so though I would post this.

I’ve priced the per attraction cost to the London Pass and there is not a big difference. On the surface the Pass would make sense as it gives us more options IF time permits. But I’m not sure you can select a time to visit as you can when buying tickets individually. If it doesn’t, ( and I doubt it does) we will skip the Pass.

Can anyone advise?

Posted by
30 posts

We had the pass and regretted getting it. Many attractions started offering timed entry after we bought the pass. Buy your tickets online and get timed entry to avoid lines.

Posted by
713 posts

It's been ten years since I bought a London Pass. At that time, you just showed up at the attraction and stood in line - if any - to get in. I went to their site and it seems they've changed a bit in how it operates, But it doesn't mention getting timed tickets in advance with the Pass, so that tells me it's still a "walk up and line up" deal.

You can contact them directly with your question: https://www.londonpass.com/contact-london-pass/

Posted by
8258 posts

I used the pass last month and it was a good value/convenient for me. It wouldn’t be for everyone.

I priced out my “must see attractions” and the pass was cheaper.
I traveled solo so no 2 for 1 discounts available to me.
I purchased through Costco travel so 4 day pass for the price of 3.

I traveled the first week in April and the only place I stood in line was Westminster Abbey. That took all of ten minutes. I walked right in everywhere else, including the Churchill War Rooms. I did visit places I would not have gone without the pass (Cutty Sark, The Shard, Florence Nightengale Museum) so they were added bonuses.

Whether the pass is right for you is a very individual decision. I wouldn’t discount it out of hand like so many people do, but I would do the math to make sure it makes sense for your situation.