Please sign in to post.

London on Christmas Eve, Christmas, & Boxing Day 2016

Hello-

I just read in the London 2016 guidebook that all public transportation shuts down on Christmas Day and run a limited schedule on Christmas Eve and Boxing Day. Does buses run on Christmas? Are taxis available on Christmas Day? I'm staying near Paddington Station and need to travel to Victoria Station to catch a Christmas Day tour. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Jan

Posted by
32801 posts

You could walk.

You could take a Santander Bike.

There will be NO buses. There will be NO Underground.

You can take a taxi, but it will be at Christmas prices.

This is discussed on this Forum every year. Sorry that you didn't see it earlier.

Posted by
1068 posts

I wonder if you could Uber? They are in London, so if you have the app, that might work.

That said, I've walked from Paddington to Victoria and it's actually a great walk! I went through Hyde Park and through Belgravia along Grosvenor Place (at the back of Buckingham Palace). Enjoyed it thoroughly - but it did take almost an hour. If you have the time, it would definitely count as sight-seeing. All the decorations are up, families and kids are out and about and chasing the waterfowl in the Serpentine...

Posted by
32801 posts

There is uber in London, don't be surprised if they jack up the prices for Christmas.