Please sign in to post.

London Lodging

Planning a trip for end of May 2023. Taking our 3 grown kids so need a total of 4 rooms. No "reasonable" lodging available from listing in the London guidebook. Looking at spending about $225 US per night per room...

Has anyone had any experience with Sidney Hotel on Belgrave Road in London?

Thank you in advance.

Posted by
1322 posts

I’ve no experience with Sidney Hotel.

Shelly, as mentioned on your other post, Premier Inns are priced well. I stayed four nights at Premier Inn Waterloo and the cost was about $155/night. The location was great (Westminster Bridge was very near) and the Queen sized bed comfortable.

Posted by
8680 posts

Agree with Linda. Peruse the Premier Inn properties.

If this is your first London visit look at these:

County Hall, Victoria, Aldgate, Blackfriars, Waterloo.

PI’s are well priced, in good locations, safe and with comfortable beds. Believe your entire family would enjoy staying at any of the above.

Posted by
16319 posts

You say on your other thread that your husband is not comfortable with Air BnB or VRBO type lodging. But what about a serviced apartment in an apartment hotel? These provide the services and security of a hotel (reception desk, lobby area, maybe a fitness room, and others), with apartments instead of individual bedrooms. There are a number of “chains” that offer good options in various London locations.

For 5 adults, Marlin Apartments offers a 2-bedroom apartment ( 2 king beds) with sofa bed in the living room for £450 a night. If that is not enough beds, you could get the 2-bdr and a 1 -bdr or studio in the same building.

https://www.marlin.com/

Other Marlin locations offer different options. Waterloo is a good location.

Cove Cannon Street offers nice modern apartments between St. Paul’s and the Tower of London. 2 one-bedroom apartments would be around £700 in May.

https://www.staycove.com/en/london/cannon-street-apartments

Other companies to try are Citadines, Native, Staycity.

Posted by
1943 posts

I think at least two of your children will have to share a room to find anything affordable near the center of London.

Posted by
8396 posts

Premier Inn Waterloo or County Hall. My advice? Reserve the rooms now at the fully refundable rate and lock in the rooms at the advance rate. I picked a night at the end of May and the total cost for four rooms at Premier Inn Waterloo for one night was £700 ( or about $844) which is within your budget.

I stayed for a week at this hotel in the past and was quite pleased. I found it’s location was extremely convenient and transport options readily accessible.