Please sign in to post.

London itinerary review

We're going to London and will have 3 full days there, then a half-day so we can spend the nite in London before our flight the next day. We've been there once so have been to the Tower of London, The Eye, Imperial War Museum, saw the Changing of the Guard. Here's what I'm thinking for this trip for planned activity outside of general walking around & sightseeing, opinions?

Friday
Victoria & Albert Museum tour, London Walks (10.45 am - 12.45 pm)
tea, Café in the Crypt self-service, St. Martin-in-the-Fields (is this enough time?)
National Gallery tour, London Walks (2.15 pm - 4.15 pm)
Trafalgar Square

Saturday
Immigration and Food Walk (Brick Lane), London Walks (10.45 am - 12.45 pm)
RS East End walk

Sunday
RS Greenwich walk
RS West End walk
RS Regent Street walk

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Wed
arrive from York around noon
British Museum
British Library
visit Harrods

Posted by
203 posts

I've just returned from London! I'm certainly not an expert, so my only recommendation would be to do Brick Lane/Shoreditch on the Sunday instead. If you're interested in markets, you could do a market morning including the Columbia Rd Flower Market, Bruck Lane and then Spitalfields. We did exactly that and enjoyed it very much.

Posted by
452 posts

I did both the London Walks guided walks in the V&A and the National Gallery a few years ago. Both times we had a Scottish lady guiding. She was great. She didn't bombard us with information, but we had Qs and she went into details of what interested us.
A great introduction.

As you suspect, it will take a while to get from the V&A to Trafalgar Square for your lunch etc, so maybe a bit rushed.

Posted by
1325 posts

I will add my plus one to using London Walks for the V&A, I was so glad I did. The guide was amazing and it was a great way to hit all the highlights and then I spent some time exploring afterwards.