Please sign in to post.

London hotel suggestions

Good day, We will be in London for the first time in early June. We are looking for a reasonably priced place to stay for 4 nights that is convenient to historic sites as well as to the tube for access to airport. Anyone been to London on Rick Steves tour lately? Where does the tour group stay? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Bruce

Posted by
17 posts

I was on the Best of London tour in 2014 and we stayed at the Washington Mayfair Hotel. I think they still stay there when there is room. I thought the location good, but when on my own I prefer the Premier Inn Kings Cross because of the proximity to the train stations and it has a restaurant.

Posted by
14994 posts

Premier Inns are a good choice.

The Queen's Jubilee will take place June 2-5. London will be packed. If your dates coincide with this make reservations ASAP.

Posted by
8375 posts

My favorite is Premier Inn Waterloo. Location is great. Premier Inn County Hall is just a few blocks away from Waterloo as well.

Posted by
457 posts

Haven't stayed yet but maybe look at hub by Premier Inn London Westminster, St James's Park hotel ... several hundred feet from the St James Park tube stop, close walking distance to Westminster Abbey, Buckingham Palace, Churchill War Rooms, etc... nothing fancy, very basic room ... looks okay and reviews are good ...

Posted by
1325 posts

The Premier Inn London Westminster, St James's Park is a hub hotel, it is different from a regular premier inn. I love then as a single traveler. For two, it would be very tight and you'd better be on the best of terms with your travel partner.

Posted by
11294 posts

Just adding to Dale's very important point.

The regular rooms at a Hub by Premier Inn are officially able to accommodate two people, but they are much too small for this. They are fine for one person; they're very efficiently designed, and there's lots of storage space under the bed to make up for how small the room is.

However, the Bigger rooms (that's what they call them) at the Hub hotels can be fine for two.

Posted by
1019 posts

As others have said …. Washington Mayfair is where we stayed on RS tour. I have been to london several times. In past stay… was jury’s hotel down the street from British museum, another stay was Victoria Grosvenour Sp? Hotel close to Victoria station.

In 2020 for our RS tour( canceled) we were going to stay at the Kensington area premier inn.