Please sign in to post.

London Hotel Recommendations

Hello All,

I am looking for hotel recommendations in London, near Hyde Park. Would like to stay under $300 per night, if possible . Has anyone stayed at the Hilton Hyde Park?

Posted by
81 posts

How far that budget goes will depend on the time of year and how far in advance.

The Marriott Marble Arch is decent and can be found just within your budget - just a little to the east of the park.

Haven't stayed at the one you have mentioned but generally that should be well within your budget as is the Double Tree Hilton just along from it.

Posted by
8397 posts

Not directly next to the park, but within a 5 minute walk is Premier Inn Paddington Basin. May help with any budget issues.

Posted by
8681 posts

When?

Do know Winter Wonderland starts in November and runs till early January.

Posted by
14 posts

Thanks all.

We will be there the last week of September.

Posted by
519 posts

We stayed at the London House Hotel (in RS book) last December for 6 nights. Good location, close to 2 metro lines and bus stops, clean, efficient, good rate. Room overlooked a pretty green space.

Posted by
2603 posts

I like the Hotel Caesar on Queen's Gardens, equidistance from Paddington and Queensway areas, a couple of blocks from Hyde Park--very nice hotel with excellent staff, good breakfast, residential street so it's quiet and also close to areas with shops & restaurants. I just booked it for a 3rd stay in mid September.

Posted by
8681 posts

63 Bayswater. Good price, safe and secure. Look at all reviews. Have stayed there many times.

1/2 block from Lancaster Gate tube station.

Walk out front of 63 and cross the road to walk into Hyde Park / Kensington Gardens via the Lancaster Gate. You’ll be at the Serpentine. Nice path next to it. Walk up it past the Peter Pan statue up to and past the Princess Diana memorial to the Lido. There’s a cafe or was. Haven’t been there since before covid.

You can also walk from 63 through Kensington Gardens up to the round pound and Kensington Palace.

Favorite restaurant thats nearby: Tudkin flavors of Malaysia. Both the Mitre Paddington and the Victoria Paddington are pleasant pubs. The Swan is closer but waaaaaaay too touristy for me.

If you prefer riding busses many travel along Bayswater Road.

Posted by
14 posts

We went with Hotel Caesar on Queen's Gardens, thank you all!

Posted by
8681 posts

Don’t miss having a meal at Tukdin. Maybe 5 -7 minute stroll from the Ceasar.

You can also enjoy a good breakfast at Shelia’s cafe.

Have a great stay in London.