Please sign in to post.

London - Hotel Recommendations

Hi, we plan to spend 3 nights in London this summer following an ocean cruise. We're thinking about the Victoria Station neighborhood and possibly the Luna Simone Hotel ($155 British Pounds/night for a double). Anyone stayed there? Is there another (better, more convenient to sites) area we should be looking at? Appreciate any help.

Posted by
27096 posts

What are your precise dates? Although it is not usually really hot in London, it can happen, and the Luna Simone in not air conditioned. It also has no elevator. From the photo on the website, it appears to be a 4-story hotel.

Posted by
90 posts

We stayed in Luna Simone Sept. 2016. They were very kind and accommodating. Excellent breakfast and very clean rooms. Above poster is correct that there is no aircon. We had above normal temps but survived with the ceiling fan and thankfully it's a relatively quite neighborhood at night and left our window open. We wouldn't hesitate staying there again.

Posted by
23266 posts

We frequently stay in the Victoria Station area. On the last three trips we have been the Best Western Victoria Station. We stay in the annex. No breakfast but a couple of nice breakfast places just around the corner. It is very convenient and the price is right. It is A/c.

Posted by
2124 posts

Thanks for your feedback. I think we’re going to try the Best Western with air conditioning. Thanks!

Posted by
2775 posts

The London Elizabeth is a great hotel. Two minute walk to Lancaster Gate tube station, around the corner from a great pub The Swan. Also, it’s across the steeet from Hyde Park/Kensington Gardens.

Posted by
15803 posts

davisrav, as far as I can see the tour you booked for is for five night in London., The OP is only going to be there for three so it's not an option for them.

Posted by
78 posts

I just returned from London and stayed at the Aster House which is one of Rick’s recommendations in South Kensington (two tube stops away from Victoria Station). I have been to London several times and have stayed at many different properties but Aster House has been the best. As Rick described, South Kensington is a great neighborhood with access to great museums and shopping. Leonie and Simon take great care of you and breakfast in the Orangery can’t be beat. A nice pub is steps away with several other restaurants located on the same street....Italian, Vietnamese, French cuisine all right there and a Tesco. Tube stop was an easy walk away. Sounds like the Luna Simone will work as well, just had to pass along information about the Aster House as staying there was a fantastic experience.