Please sign in to post.

London hotel

We are staying in London for a week and looking for the best general area to stay for a lot of Rick's top attractions. We realize many are spread out across London, and the tube can get you anywhere, but following Rick's suggestion of the 4 Mile wide zone between the Tower of London and Hyde Park has anyone who has visited London repeatedly found the best area to stay for convenience? Analytically, central London would make the most sense being centered, but experience is the best teacher so thank you for your suggestions in advance.

Posted by
8831 posts

Are you walkers?

Have a budget?

Plan to use busses and the Tube?

Going to assume you are first timers.

Been visiting and staying in London since Nixon was in office. Pre Rick suggestions.

Look at the Premier Inn chain. Secure, well located properties, fair price for expensive London.

Popular recommendation on this Forum is the Premier Inn County Hall. You walk out the front door and your view across the Thames are the Houses of Parliament.

Or if you’ve got the money check out the Royal HorseGuards Hotel.

Great city to explore and experience.

Posted by
20 posts

We are walkers and appreciate public transportation so we will be utilizing both since sites are spread out. Thank you for the hotel suggestions!

Posted by
476 posts

A surprise suggestion: the London Westminster, Hilton's Curio's Collection. Just compare its pricing to that of the other hotel properties you are considering and look at its Tripadvisor grades.

I have not stayed there yet but have a reservation there for a future visit. For my time period in London, the Curio property's pricing is nearly identical to that of the Premiere Inn County Hall that Claudia mentioned above. It obviously offers a hotel experience different from that offered by the smaller, family-run hotels RS favors. But I have stayed in the family-run properties, and I find that those hotels are not just overpriced as far as value but surprisingly expensive.

Posted by
697 posts

Budget is key, and it is helpful to know your budget in £

As already stated many here have a preference for Premier Inn. I enjoy Locke hotels which is a chain of aparthotels -- https://www.lockeliving.com/ -- with 6 locations in London.

I have an affinity for their Locke-at-Broken-Wharf location, which is on the Thames by Millennium Bridge near St Pauls Cathedral.

Posted by
366 posts

I have stayed at the Premier Inn County Hall and loved the location. It is a reasonably priced hotel in Westminster, very close to the London Eye. For us, it was just about perfectly located. Close to tube stations while also being within walking distance of a lot of attractions.

Posted by
564 posts

We're staying in the Locke at Broken Wharf, right on the Thames near the Millennium Bridge. We look at the Thames and Shakespeare's Globe out our window. Very, very nice, and quite reasonable.