Please sign in to post.

London Hotel

Hello,
We are planning to be in London Dec. 23rd to Jan. 4th. We are trying to book accomodation now and need some advices. We are 2 adult and 1 child (12 yrs old). I have currently booked Doubletree By Hilton - West End (Dec. 23rd to Jan.1st) then transfer to Premier Inn Southward Borough Market (Jan.1st - Jan. 4th). Family rooms. We change hotel stay just to get some break as doing straight Hilton is quite expensive and we cannot book a straight Premier Inn as I think some dates they are already full. I also have a cancel free booking to Double Tree Hilton - Victoria, and Hampton by Hilton Waterloo for (Dec. 23-Jan 1st). then I also have a cancel free to Premier Inn Waterloo and Hilton London Hyde Park (but this one is 2x the price of Premier Inn) for Jan. 1-4. I want to know if these hotels are good and location wise are they ideal? Care to comment which ones would be a better choice? It's our first time in London. Thanks for any suggestions, comments, help...

Posted by
1282 posts

I've not stayed at either of the two hotels you are thinking of but both look to be handily situated. The Premier Inn at Bankside (Southwark, Borough Market) is in a great location - I've tried to book there myself but can never get in! I love the south bank of the Thames - walking from Southwark up towards Houses of Parliament is a great stroll and passes so many interesting places. Going down the Thames is equally interesting too.

Ian

Posted by
4684 posts

The Southwark Premier Inn is good for attractions in the area like the Globe and Borough Market, but doesn't have very good access to public transport - the nearest tube stations are all quite a walk away.

Posted by
32767 posts

Pick a location convenient for the Christmas holidays, because there is no public transportation except taxis on Christmas rate (very expensive) and walking from the evening of Christmas Eve until morning on Boxing Day, and virtually no trains on either Christmas Day and Boxing Day.