Please sign in to post.

London Easter weekend

We will be in London Easter weekend (arrive Friday, leave Tuesday morn). What should we be prepared for??

Posted by
2507 posts

Except for small convenience stores shops will be shut on Easter Sunday.

Posted by
8668 posts

There is a free Passion play in Trafalgar Square on the day of your arrival.

Public transport will be running but best to double check your routes on the tfl.gov.uk website for closures, repairs, etc.

Should also check the websites of places that might be on your “ must see “ list ( i.e. Tower of London, St Paul’s, Westminster Abbey) as most churches will be having Easter Services and opening and closing hours may differ.

Make a reservation for a Sunday Roast dinner.

Check to see if flowers are blooming in the London parks and Kew Gardens.

Check the Timeout London and Visit London websites. Lots of intel about Easter weekend happenings for 2020.

Posted by
8668 posts

Sunday roasts are nearly in every pub. Haven’t stayed in the Earls Court area of London in 35 years so can’t in all good conscience recommend a place.
Here’s the history of the British tradition:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunday_roast

Last trip ( 3 weeks ) friends took me to the Harwood Arms in the Fulham neighborhood. It’s the only Michelin starred Gastro pub in London. They paid. Enjoyed the Sunday roast and the ambience but for me a one time visit.

Personally enjoyed another Sunday roast at The Victoria pub which was far cheaper and closer to where I was staying.