Please sign in to post.

London City airport??????

Hi,

Never knew there is London City Airport that exists in London. Since my flight from Spain to London City airport that catch my eyes more.
How's London City airport? Is subway or train station accessible easily? Can I go to Victoria line easily there at 11pm.
Is the airport subway or train safe around midnight with kids. I am looking at flight that arrives at 9:35p at London City airport. Now I am little hesitate.........let me know please.
Thank you!!

Posted by
5326 posts

LCY has been open for 30 years.

It has its own Docklands Light Railway Station.

To Victoria change at Canning Town onto the Jubilee Line; changes at Green Park for Victoria (there are other ways but this is probably the simplest.)

Note that immigration and baggage claim is usually very swift at LCY so I would expect to be out way before 11pm if the flight is on time.

Posted by
4044 posts

You can look up London City Airport on Google Maps and use the Directions function to sort out possible public-transit options. It looks like an LRT train will be the first step (of several) to get into the centre of London.

Posted by
11294 posts

As you've been told, there is no reason to be hesitant about using London City airport. As far as the airlines are concerned, London has six airports. London City is the closest, by far, to central London. The others are Heathrow, Gatwick, Stansted, Luton, and Southend.

Posted by
32767 posts

Also now in the mix is Birmingham Airport which is only 70 minutes and 3 stops from Euston on Virgin West Coast trains - faster than some, and about as fast as Heathrow from some parts of central London.

Posted by
57 posts

Just to add to Nigel's recommendation. Birmingham Airport is efficient. Clearing immigration and baggage reclaim takes much less time than at Heathrow, and there is a five-minute journey on the Maglev to Birmingham International Station, where you can get fast trains to London and elsewhere. Travellers intending to visit the Cotswolds or North Wales will find Birmingham much closer to their destination.

Posted by
45 posts

Thank you everyone.
The all information is so useful.
Much appreciated!!!!!!