Please sign in to post.

London Apartment Rental

I rented an apartment in Paris through a recommendation on this forum (Guest Apartment Services) and I'd like everyone's help once again. I know I can search VRBO, airnb, etc., but I wanted to check out a rental management company. Does anybody have a personal recommendation for a reputable, reasonably priced agency? Thank you in advance.

Posted by
60 posts

We used A Place Like Home twice. Nice service and a good selection of apartments.

Posted by
16320 posts

I think you are wise to seek a good rental agency for London. I am leery of VRBO and Airbnb for London, since some of the local councils are cracking down on short-term rentals by homeowners. Our favorite go-to place in London had to stop letting out her four lovely studio apartments due to an "unfavorable council decision". Apparently she is only allowed to rent by the month.

There is a good list of reputable agencies for short-term rentals on Ttripadvisor. A Place Like Home, mentioned above, is on the list, but since they let out private homes I wonder how that works. I wrote down many of the good ones but do not have access to the list as we are not home ( we're enjoying summer in New Zealand). You might be able to find it by searching the London forum on Tripadvisor.

I am looking at serviced apartments managed ( or even owned) by Go Native and Indigo, based on location.

Posted by
94 posts

Per another poster, I have been searching for London apartments using FlipKey.com, which appears to be a subsidiary of TripAdvisor. They seem to be pulling inventory from other sites (including TripAdvisor) and putting the listings on FlipKey. Many of the rooms have TripAdvisor reviews to read. I have noticed that some apartments will list a rental price that seems to be an incredible bargain. But keep scrolling the site and you might see below where a fee of $250 is charged per stay. In some cases, the price is still decent. It merely seems to be the way the rental agencies are getting their places to pop up cheaper than they actually are.

Posted by
94 posts

As an addendum to my above reply, we've also liked some of the places that appear to be listed on ivylettings.com.