Please sign in to post.

London Apartment Recommendations

We are traveling as a family to London at the end of May 2022 and I'm research apartment options. We'll need 3 bedrooms, and I generally prefer an apartment/hotel configuration, rather than going through airbnb (but will need a full kitchen, so not a hotel suite). If anyone has suggestions, I'd love them. Budget up to $1k per night. I'm currently looking at One Fine Stay, the Mansions by Mansley, and The Capital Hotel.

Edited to add - I don't feel strongly about location, but we are definitely there to be tourists, so would want easy access to sites and activities.

Posted by
16385 posts

I really like Marlin Apartments, a group of 7 serviced apartment-hotels, with reception desk, scattered around London.

https://www.marlin.com/

The Queen Street location is our choice; it is close to St. Paul’s and the City of London, with easy access to the Thames Path on the south side of the river via a pedestrian bridge. Bus 15, which runs east-west between the Tower of London and centrally-located Charing Cross Station, runs close by and is a good way to get around if you aren’t walking. You can change to other areas at Aldwych.

They do not appear to have 3-bedroom apartments in any of their locations, but you could have a 2-bedroom and a studio apartment in the same building. You could email and ask if they could put the two units on the same floor, or adjacent. They have been very responsive to my questions in the past.

Posted by
2304 posts

hey hey MH
looking for a 3 bedroom apartment can be tough in lots of european cities but keep looking,they are ou there.
cross-pollinate.com/earl's court garden flat or regents canal
both 3 bedroom/2 bathroom, one further away
look at fine print, cancellation, booking details, policies, checkin times and if early arrival okay to drop off bags, otherwise you are waiting, (some have rented day before and explained to landlord/owner) where to get keys if in different location, minimum stay
booking.com
place your filters in (2bedroom filter shows some 3 bedrooms), what other amenities are there. if you like book it, checking cancellation policy) so you have something and keep at it. some may say not available which means no apt or it's too early to book.
another site for discounts on activities is:
wowcher.co.uk it's their groupon like site.
withlocals.com/london
streetsensations.co.uk streets for shopping, bars, restaurants, people watch
jasons.co.uk leasure and relaxing canal boat ride down the regent canal
londonist.com/pie and mash shop or southlondonclub.co.uk learn the history of this london dish,
you and the gang will have a great time, enjoy
aloha

Posted by
140 posts

This topic has been covered a couple of times. You might try to search previous threads for more suggestions.

In any case, this is an excerpt from something I wrote for one of the other threads:

"It's been a couple of years now. We stayed in in the Castletown House Apartments in West Kensington. Very convenient to West Kensington and Barons Court Tube Stations, (Picadilly, District and Circle Lines). Straight shot to King' Cross or Westminster. Some decent restaurants nearby. They seem to have many properties under contract. The four of us were comfortable. Reasonably priced versus hotel options."