Please sign in to post.

London Accomodations

I am looking for recommendations for accommodations in London. We will be flying in June 25, and staying only a couple of nights before exploring other parts of the country. We are a family of 4 - 2 adults, a teenage daughter and a teenage son. This will be the first times our kids first visit and 19 years since my last visit. Thanks for your ideas.

Posted by
4529 posts

We need the ages of the teenagers to test the appropriateness of a family room. As to location there are too many to name, and each is convenient to different things. We need a basic sense of whether historic sites, shopping, museums, shows, or galleries top your to do list. Also how you plan to arrive and leave London could make a difference, especially for a short stay as you describe.

Posted by
2776 posts

The London Elizabeth, 4 Lancaster Terrace, Hyde Park. It's across the street from Hyde Park/Kensington Gardens, 2 minute walk to Lancaster Gate tube station, and around corner from a great pub, The Swan.

Posted by
1010 posts

We have stayed at the Crowne Plaza, on Cromwell, in South Kensington. It is part of the IHG hotel group. We have stayed there four times, up to two weeks each time. The hotel is directly across from the Gloucester tube station. You are only one stop away from Knightbridge, where Harrod's is located. It is walking distance from Kensington Palace/Gardens. I think the rooms tend to be bigger/nicer if you stay in say a Hilton (inc. Doubletree) etc. or Holiday Inn, Crowne Plaza, InterContinental, etc. You can join the IHG hotel group and earn hotel points. You can also book rooms at the Crowne Plaza which include their lounge options (breakfast, snacks, drinks - all day). The last time we were there was four years ago. It receives good reviews. The Crowne Plaza is in a very beautiful area. South Kensington is always a recommended area to stay.