Please sign in to post.

London accommodations - Need 3 bedroom in July 2019 for 5 nights

Hello,
We are 6 adults (2 families with 3 adults each) looking for accommodation in a reasonably central area (zone 1 & 2) in July.
I realize July is peak season but still have not been able to find anything suitable in airbnb.
We are looking to spend around $400 - $500 per night.

If we split it seems easier. But that seems to defeat the purpose!

Looking for suggestions. Thanks!

Posted by
11127 posts

We were very pleased with the accommodations and services from London Perfect.

Posted by
68 posts

Thanks but that seems above our budget - $750/night.

Posted by
2296 posts

hey jandee
check out booking.com put in your filters on left side (2 or 3 bedroom, see bed configuration and how many baths. (if 2 bed with sofa bed in living room or 3 bedrooms with double/queen beds). make sure it's bedrooms are bedrooms and not bedroom a living room. been there done that.
just be diligent and i'm sure you can find something. read the fine print. check your arrival and depatures times, early checkin, baggage storage (don't want to be pushing and pulling luggage around the streets or waiting.
staycity.com
londonperfect.com
tripadvisor.com vacation rentals
you will find something for your "tribe". good luck and have a fabulous time in london
aloha
edit: citadines.com

Posted by
27047 posts

Do be careful about the air conditioning situation. I wouldn't risk not having it in July; you may have a different point of view, but know what you are getting. A/c seems rather uncommon in rental properties in the UK.

Posted by
6113 posts

I don’t know anyone who has AC in their home in the U.K., so you are unlikely to find a rental property with this. It’s unlikely to be needed.

Posted by
27047 posts

If you find yourself having to look rather far outside the center and/or increase your budget, you might consider checking Premier Inn availability. You'd need to go to the corporate website rather than using booking.com (though rooms occasionally are offered there). The non-central Premier Inns may have quite reasonable rates, and many of those hotels (not 100%) are air-conditioned.

I just randomly checked rates for 4 nights beginning on July 1, and there are seven PIs under £100 per night (on average). I didn't check to see which of those has air conditioning. The low rates will be non-refundable; the flexible rates for those hotels go up to about £110 per night. £110 is only $146, which is within your target range. Rates can vary greatly by date, of course.

Unfortunately, PI runs good hotels but a rather bad website. The dates you enter will keep changing as you click from hotel to hotel. If you decide to book something, I recommend using the smartphone/tablet app, which I think behaves well. If you must use a desktop computer, keep watching the dates and changing them back to what you want.

Posted by
68 posts

Thanks all. Managed to find something central through booking.com. No AC though which should be fine.