Please sign in to post.

London accommodations

Anyone know of accommodation in central London that won’t break the bank? Two of us will be staying for a few days in late April and a week in Sept. Would like to be able to go out in the morning and tour around and then duck back for a little rest late afternoon and then head out again for the evening. Doesn’t need to be fancy just clean. Thanks, Susan

Posted by
1312 posts

How much will break your bank?

Use booking.com and filter on the budget. The cheapest I find is a bunk bed in a hostel dormitory for 13 USD. Might not be available on your dates.

Posted by
8293 posts

Check out the Ridgemount on Gower Street. It didn’t break my bank and mine is a small Canadian bank of no consequence whatsoever.

Posted by
11613 posts

I stayed at London House Hotel last year, it was fine. Breakfast is extra, but there are lots of places nearby to have breakfast for less.

Posted by
2461 posts

I stayed at The Lime Tree Hotel just this Sept. for 5 nights near the Victoria Coach Station in Belgravia, a very quiet neighborhood. Breakfast included, price per night, 125 GBP. Family-owned and friendly helpful staff. Definitely would stay there again!

Posted by
1006 posts

I have also stayed in the Ridgemount, mentioned by a previous poster. It is certainly cheap and well located. But beware I've been there at least three times and every time there was a large group of high school students staying in the hotel (think 20 teenagers, all moving as one, taking up every seat in the lounge and breakfast room, and sucking up every last byte of internet.

I do highly recommend the Bloomsbury area, but would recommend the Celtic Hotel or Morgan Hotel over the Ridgemount. The Celtic is kitty-corner to Russell Square tube station, and the nice Friend at Hand pub. The Morgan is right next door to the British Museum.

Posted by
2771 posts

The London Elizabeth, two minute walk to the Lancaster Gate tube station, around the corner from a great pub The Swan and across the street from Hyde Park/Kensington Gardens.

Posted by
3191 posts

Whenever I was in downtown London, and not staying with my daughter, I would stay at the Cherry Court Hotel, which is around the corner from Victoria train and bus stations, but on a quiet side street. Mrs. Patel is a lovely and pleasant hostess. It is a nice, small, family run hotel. The rooms are small so if you are not traveling with a spouse, I would suggest you order a triple/twin room for 110.00 GBP. There are excellent restaurants nearby. A breakfast basket is included.

Posted by
14737 posts

Check out Premier Inns. Yes, it's a chain. Yes, it's modern, clean and comfortable. No, it's not an old B & B . But they are reasonable in price and you know what to expect.

Posted by
19 posts

Thanks so much for all the quick responses. Anything under £150 is okay as travelling with a friend and costs are split between 2. Thanks again. Susan

Posted by
2019 posts

We enjoyed our recent stay at Luna and Simone. Breakfast, nice staff, good location. Safe travels.

Posted by
2678 posts

Another recommendation for the Celtic Hotel. Twin room with shower and toilet is 102£ for smaller, 116£ for larger, reasobly good British breakfast included and you can choose how you want your eggs. Family eun, and were helpful when we were their with a problem that arose. Note website is with their old name, stmargaretshotel.co.uk

Posted by
1200 posts

I have stayed at the Limetree Hotel with the RS week long London tour a few years ago and it was very nice.