Please sign in to post.

London Accommodation

Hi, thanks in advance for any advice...

I’m a born and bred Londoner but I’ve been living in the US for the past 15 years. My wife and I plan on going back for 10 days next year.

Does anyone have any good recommendations for Airbnb or similar type accommodation close to Hyde Park / Kensington Gardens? We’re looking at a max budget of $100-130’ish per night. Ideally we’d like to stay in the Bayswater/Kensington High Street/ Paddington/Marble Arch area.

Posted by
8094 posts

We will be in London next month and always stay in the same area. Rooms are somewhat pricey in most all London hotels, and many are not that nice.
Look in AirBnB.com and go by previous guest comments if you choose to go that route.
Booking.com can be referenced for rooms in those neighborhoods specifically. I will often cross check comments on properties there and in TripAdvisor.

Posted by
231 posts

Have a look at the Darlington Hyde Park; although I personally haven’t stayed there as I live here, they seem to get consistent reviews and my American friends like them.

Posted by
2773 posts

The London Elizabeth Hotel is a three minute walk to Lancaster Tube Station, across the street from Hyde Park/Kensington Gardens.

Posted by
1200 posts

I stayed at the London House Hotel and will be staying there this year. It is in Bayswater and near two tube stations. It is also in your budget range. I was able to walk to Kensington Palace from my hotel. It also is near a bus stop.

Posted by
1 posts

There are a number of short term holiday lettings providers in London. Just google it and they should come up. If it helps here is a company I used to book central London apartment. Their link is www.britishvacationrentals.com