Please sign in to post.

Lodging for 7 in London October 2014

3 couples and one single will be traveling to London in October 2014 and are in need of lodging. I enjoy staying in vacation rentals (vrbo or homeaway) but am having trouble finding the configuration we need. Can anyone recommend websites, firms to accomplish this? I have looked at apartmentsapart and london connection but wish I knew more about these sites. Thanks.

Posted by
3428 posts

Here are some sites to start with. We used Citadines many years ago when we took our kids. They call themselves an "apart-hotel". You would probably need 2 full apartments- they have various configurations, from studios to 1 or 2 bedrooms- but some have a sofa bed, too. They have multiple locations in central London. We stayed at the Covent Garden/High Holborn location.

http://www.citadines.com/en/propertylisting.html?City=London

The London School Of Economics also rents excess dorm accommodations and apartments to tourists. The first site is for their apartments, the second for dorms. They also have several central London locations. Just be aware that their sites sometimes have problems with some browsers. Even if it shows no available rooms/apartments for the dates you enter, there may actually be some. Just call or email them. Their apartments have various configurations, so not sure how many you'd need.

www.lsetopfloor.co.uk/
www.lsevacations.co.uk/

Posted by
26 posts

I stayed in a canal boat on Regents Canal last October which I booked through airbnb. I found that airbnb has a great selection and they give you a lot of information to review the property. I also liked having the iphone app which allowed me to keep all the details and communications with me to refer to when I got there (without having to use wifi or cell service). I don't want to sound like a commercial, but they are a good site.

Posted by
4 posts

Try a London Youth Hostel, it worked great for us, there are 8 of them in central London at reasonable prices much more economical than hotels. They are also self catering so if you buy supplies at the local Marks & Spencer you can eat just as well as at an expensive restaurant.
You can book per person or per family room or any combination thereof. We have stayed at St Pauls and Holland Park both are value for money with great front desk help.
http://www.yha.org.uk/places-to-stay/london