Please sign in to post.

Limited mobility?

I have a bit of limited mobility, meaning that I have one partly amputated leg and I use a stroller and walk a bit slowly and have to rest for a couple of minutes every 2-3 blocks. Am I suitable for a rick steves tour?

Posted by
2376 posts

From the FAQs:

What are the physical demands of your tours?
Our tours are physically active! Expect to be on your feet, walking and standing, for up to three hours, indoors and outdoors, and in all weather conditions. You'll also need to carry your own luggage, often up several flights of stairs.

You will also need to climb in and out of the coach unaided.

Posted by
934 posts

unfortunately, no. Lots of stairs, cobblestones, hills, many hotels don't have elevators.

Posted by
2448 posts

Could you share where you’d like to go? That might help people figure out how to help you plan a trip either on your own or with a different tour company.

Posted by
8446 posts

On an RS tour, within a city, you are not taken to all sights and activities by bus You have to walk or take public transportation, sometimes many blocks or miles. Hotels, restaurants and sights don't always have accommodations for mobility that are common in the US.

Posted by
116 posts

Hi- I have limited mobility as well and I’m in the progress of planning a trip to London for February. Where are you interested in visiting? I had previously visited Japan and Korea since my accident in addition to a cruise. This will be my first trip back to Europe.

Posted by
2776 posts

His tours are fast pace I’ve head. If I was you I would plan your own trip, it would save you lots of money and you can go at your own pace. Plus you could take a little longer trip then his tour for less money.