After much back and forth, we have decided to forge ahead and continue with our trip to UK this Friday =D =O
Can you please provide feedback on my itinerary, I am not really sure about the Sat/Sunday days. Also FYI I will be travelling with my husband and 4 kids (4, 8, 13, 15). Thanks a bunch! Time to finish my packing!
- I am not sure which day trip we should take on Saturday, do you all have any recommendations? I originally thought Oxford but would that be enjoyable for all the kids?
- do people use Uber in London? I am trying to figure out how to get to Harry Potter, and I think I want to avoid public transportation. Are there any other cab rental companies at a decent price?
- Are there any reccs for cream tea in Covent Garden? I think that might be a good compromise to an $$$ aft tea experience
Saturday March 7th
- Arrive in Manchester at 8am
- Take train from Manchester Airport to Manchester Piccadilly (12:55) to London Euston
- Uber to apartment (early evening)
- Dinner and sleep early
Sunday, March 8th
- Bus Tour (Megabus?)
- Hyde Park and Princess Diana Memorial Playground/Garden
- Covent Garden/Trafalagar Square
Monday, March 9th
- Tower of London, Crown Jewels, Tower Bridge - 4 hours
- Borough Market for Lunch
- Sky Garden (FREE-gorgeous views of the city) - 4:45pm Booking
Tuesday, March 10th
- Whitehall Horse Guard Parade 11am & Downing Street
- West Minister Abby Tour/Houses of Parliament/Leake St?
- Victoria Street for Food
- Walk through St. James Park to see Buckingham Palace
Wednesday, March 11th
- British Musuem (or Musueum of London, or British Library)
- Google London (5 min walk from musuem)
- Theater Night (Wicked and Lion King)
Thursday, March 12th
- Making of Harry Potter 1pm tickets (1pm booked)
Friday, March 13th
-Visit Family and Baker Street (Sherlock Statue)
-Harrod's for Lunch (Food Halls famous)
-V&A Musuem (open till 10pm on Fridays!)
Saturday, March 14th
-Day Trip to Oxford or Hampton Court Palace or Greenwich
Sunday, March 15th
-Tate Modern open till 6pm/Shakespeare Globe Theater?? 360 degree view of the city from the 10th floor of the Blavatnik building
-Thames Boat Tour - Circular cruise
-Aft Tea**** Wallace Restaurant Aft Tea?
Monday, March 16th
- Checkout and go to London Heathrow Airport
- Fly back Home!