Please sign in to post.

Laundry service

On the best of England tour, was there any place that you stopped that had laundry service!?

Posted by
2375 posts

I haven't done that tour, but I generally ask the guide on the first day about laundry possibilities.
I also like to check the itinerary for a good half-way town, then check the guidebook. RS guidebooks always note laundromats in towns.

Posted by
180 posts

In addition to the above posters' information- we just got back from a month long trip in the British Isles and used a combination of "sink laundry", launderettes when we could find them and hotel laundry service. We packed 4-5 days worth of clothing and far preferred the sink laundry ever few nights and hotel laundry service as a luxury. (It was like Christmas when we got the packages of clean clothes back! lol). Launderettes were useful a couple of times but took too much time away from our preferred activities.

Posted by
13937 posts

It's been a number of years since I did the Best of England but many had their laundry done in Keswick. The guide had them drop off their laundry early AM (maybe 8A) on our full day then picked it up late afternoon. This was pre-Covid so I do not have any idea if this is still the same situation.

I'd recommend asking this question to the guide at your first meet up, if they haven't already mentioned it during their introductory remarks!

This is an awesome tour!

Posted by
501 posts

What Pam refers to is called a “service wash” here in the UK and many laundrettes offer it. You take your laundry in during the morning and by later that day or the next day, you get it back clean and dry.

Posted by
5748 posts

In Keswick it is called the Keswick Laundry Services, and is on Bank Street- opposite Bell Close car park (the main car park in town, the one behind Bryson's bakery and Wetherspoons pub). Give them a call on 017687 75448 if you have any enquiries.

Posted by
6539 posts

The laundry isn31c mentioned in Keswick also has self-service machines if you wanted to do your own laundry. We did our laundry at it in 2022. It’s easy to locate and close to the main part of town if you wanted to walk around a little while your laundry is being done.