Please sign in to post.

Lake District

Is two days enough time to drive around the National Park if not hiking just looking?
Thank you,
Amie

Posted by
32702 posts

could be

depend what you are looking at, and how close is close enough.

It wouldn't be for me, but everybody is different.

No boats? No visiting National Trust properties? Not even to visit Beatrix Potter? No walks in the woods?

2 days ought to do it.

I do all the above so I need longer.

Posted by
1277 posts

Hi Amie -

If you just want to see the Lakes through the windows of a car, then two days would probably do it. However, I would allow another couple of days to stop, have a short wander, visit a couple of the myriad interesting sites, sail on one of the lakes (I would suggest taking a trip round Coniston on ‘Gondola’, but most will go for the very busy Windermere or Derwentwater if using Keswick as a base.

While not very large in area, the Lakes is full of delights but they need seeking out!

Have fun whatever you decide to do!

Ian

Posted by
32702 posts

that's what I said, Ian!!

but I didn't say it so poetically

Posted by
1277 posts

Nigel -

Think of it as me backing up your argument in a typically more verbose and log winded manner! 😂😂

Ian

Posted by
7641 posts

We visited the Lake District in 2017 doe three nights. We did Rick Steves recommended drive in a circle around the lake and mountains from Keswick. It was great. It was in October and too cold to go on the lake. Still, the scenery was amazing.