Please sign in to post.

Just airports

Just checking to see if anyone has had an experience using them from Heathrow to downtown London. We generally just take the tube but we’re getting older and don’t want to wrestle with the luggage and congestion on the tube. Also if traveling from London on the return were they there on time? Thanks.

Posted by
453 posts

No personal experience, but believe others have had good experiences.

The other two options that I am aware of are
www.simplyairports.co.uk
www.blackberrycars.com

There is also the new Elizabeth Line, which works better than the tube (and quicker).

But a lot depends on where you are staying on what would work best for you.

Posted by
5 posts

Earls Court. We've got an early flight on a Saturday and will need a pickup around 04:30. Just don't want to be standing there and miss our flight home.

Posted by
2393 posts

I used JustAirports this past spring for a return to Heathrow. No complaints, driver on time and in contact by text.

Posted by
1 posts

I've always found Heathrow Express very convenient and affordable. Just follow the signs. There's often an attendant by the ticket machines to help you with that first UK purchase of the trip. I have heard good things about the Elizabeth line as an alternative, but have yet to try it.

Posted by
15072 posts

From Earls Court neither the Heathrow Express nor the Elizabeth Line makes sense. If you were going to use either of those, you might as well use the tube. Just as fast and no changes or walking.

If you are staying at a hotel, many have deals with car services. You could contact them and see what it would cost for your trip.

From Earls Court it isnt bad to Heathrow since you miss all of the central London traffic.