Please sign in to post.

Judd Hotel reviews?

I'll be spending a few days with friends in London this summer. We're looking at the Judd Hotel over near St. Pancreas as a possible place to stay. Does anyone have knowledge about the place or other recommendations? We'll have a 2-year-old with us, so I know there are some places that don't cater to young children.

There are lots of reviews here: https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g186338-d1791870-Reviews-Judd_Hotel-London_England.html

It's one of a number of small hotels in a pretty street in Bloomsbury. The location is good, with some shops & restaurants nearby and handy for public transport.

But rooms will be very small (it's in an old house) and I don't think there's a lift. Can you manage narrow stairs with all your stuff? It's very much a budget hotel, and you might find it a bit cramped with a child.

Have you looked at Premier Inns? One of the best budget chains in the U.K., and are very good for families with larger rooms & lifts. There are a couple very near the Judd Hotel - Premier Inn Euston and St Pancras.

Posted by
713 posts

I agree - look at Premier Inns.

I've stayed in a Bloomsbury hotel similar to the Judd, but that hotel was a lot nicer. Nothing I see on the Judd hotel's website or in its reviews, makes me think it's a great choice for anyone. And on the hotel website is this warning in red letters: "Guests may be allocated a room in the recently refurbished Jenkins annex which is directly opposite the Judd Hotel. The hotel reception and breakfast room is located in the Judd Hotel." I assume "directly opposite" means across the street. If so, you could have to cross the street to deal with reception and get your breakfast. Although the website says all rooms are air conditioned, which is in its favor.

I don't know how near to St. Pancras you need or want to be. The Premier Inn St. Pancras has air conditioned rooms, family rooms, and lifts; its TripAdvisor reviews look good, as do the photos posted by travelers. There's also a Premier Inn Euston, not far away.

Posted by
17 posts

Thanks for the input. It looks like the Premier location is fully-booked at the time we'll be in London. Haven't completely taken the Judd off the list, but will keep looking. Thanks again!