Please sign in to post.

hotels near paddington station

Looking for a mid range hotel - around $250.00 for seven nights near paddington. usually stay at Kings Cross but trying to take Heathrow Express this time.

Posted by
263 posts

Suggestion which doesn't actually answer your question: Unless you are using the Heathrow Express more than just when you arrive and leave, consider a nicer area like Kensington or Bloomsbury. Paddington is a bit dodgy and, yet, still pricey. Take the Heathrow Express but then cab, train or tube it somewhere better.

Posted by
3813 posts

My choice would be Paddington Hilton, connected to the train station.

Just as convenient; instead of the Heathrow Express, take the tube into London, Piccadilly Line. It passes through some great areas for hotels which are more centrally located for sightseeing than the Paddington area. Areas the Piccadilly Line passes through:
Earl's Court
Gloucester Road
South Kensington
Knightsbridge
Hyde Park Corner
Green Park
Piccadilly Circus
Leicester Square
Covent Garden
Holborn
Russell Square

All of these areas have hotels that would fit your price range. Maybe one of these areas would work if you found a hotel one or two blocks from the tube station.

Posted by
78 posts

We stayed at the Hotel Indigo Paddington just 2 blocks from Paddington Station and loved it. The rooms are on the small side but are the best appointed and arranged rooms we have stayed in. We stayed in a king room overlooking the street. Service was great, breakfast prices reasonable, and location great. It was quiet as well (double pained windows). We now will stay at Hotel Indigo whenever we can.

Posted by
27 posts

thanks we usually do take the piccadilly line into london and stay in the kings cross area. we thought we would stay some place different. i am trying not to walk too much only because we will be dragging suitcases. i will look in the areas you suggested.

Posted by
231 posts

Have a look at the Darlington Hotel. My American friends stay there and like it. Paddington is as safe as anywhere else in central London, but the area immediately surrounding the station may not have as much local neighbourhood villagey feel as others. You would be extremely well connected with multiple tube lines and buses that go to interesting places (23 goes through the heart of the West End and stops at St. Paul's.)

Everyone usually agrees the Heathrow Express is a rather expensive way to travel. I just found a link on the MasterCard website to get the price down to £30 for an open return. You may find the Heathrow Connect to be equally convenient. You could do a return for about £20 and the train takes about 10 mins longer as it makes a few stops along the way.