Please sign in to post.

Hotels Near Paddington Station

I am looking for recommendations for hotel/B&B/VRBO near Paddington Station. We (2 adults) will be on the RS Southern England Tour May 2022 and will extending our stay in London for 3 nights at the end of the tour. I am considering the Paddington Station area as that is where we get off the train arriving from Bath, and is close to Heathrow Express for getting back to the airport. If possible located near metro for getting around town.

Posted by
119 posts

I will be on the same tour in late June. I have a room booked at Number 63 on Bayswater Road near Paddington Station. It's located near Lancaster Gate. I am planning 3 days in London before the tour. I hope you enjoy the tour and would love to hear all about it!!

Posted by
16385 posts

We like Hotel Indigo, just a block from Paddington Station, for our last night in London, as we take the Heathrow Express to the airport too. (Do you know to book the tickets online more than 90 days in advance to get a great price, like £5,50?). The Indigo is expensive so we book it with IHG points.

A hotel I have read good things about, smaller and more “London”, is the Pilgrim. You might check that one out.

But I would not spend three nights near Paddington, speaking personally, as there is not much to do or see in the immediate area. After checkin there, we walk to Hyde Park or Kensington Gardens, or maybe take the Regents Canal towpath walk past Little Venice and beyond. Next time we will probably visit the Alexander Fleming Laboratory Museum if it is open. But that is about it.

https://www.imperial.nhs.uk/about-us/who-we-are/fleming-museum

Of course you can range further afield to the main London tourist sights and museums by taking the Tube from Paddington Station. I just hate riding the Tube and resist it as much as I can. So we stay somewhere more central, where we can walk or ride the bus to our destination.

Posted by
398 posts

If you want to be near Paddingon Station, then the Hilton London Paddington. I agree with the previous poster that there are more interesting parts of London to stay for three nights. It would be convenient though (particularly if you have an early morning departure).

Posted by
2776 posts

The Falcon Hotel is a nice hotel, it’s a three minute walk to Paddington Station and tube station. It’s only a five minute walk to HydePark/Kensington Gardens. A double room is £142.00 a night.

Posted by
3792 posts

Another recommendation for Hilton London Paddington. It's basically attached to the station by a walkway.
Good mid-range value.

If you want to go high-end (expensive), you want Lola's suggested Indigo.

If you want to go mid-range to budget, you want Robin's suggested Falcon Hotel.

Posted by
73 posts

Thanks everyone for your recommendations!

I am exploring the Kensington Garden Hotel and Aster Garden. It will our first trip to London but we are very comfortable with public transportation (metro in DC and public busing). I've also started researching the more central area as well. Any thoughts in that area? I am looking at moderate price range and would like restaurants and pubs close. We are in our early 60's, very active and don't mind walking. We will be carrying backpack luggage so no worries about pulling luggage.

Posted by
111 posts

I've found the Paddington area a place well rich with many hotel options. Most notably Sussex Gardens (a road near Paddington station) has loads of hotels which I stay in when I go to London. All of which I've had a comfortable stay in.
I would have a go at Google Maps and see which one strikes your fancy. There's a Tube station in Paddington as well so it's easy to get out and about.

Posted by
8415 posts

I’ve stayed near Paddington and near Westminster and the more central locations wins hands down! It is so easy to take a taxi to your hotel from the station if you are worried about managing the tube and luggage. I will take a cab on arrival after a long flight from Seattle and then use the tube to get back to the station at the end of the trip.

I like the Premier Inn Waterloo and its sister hotel Premier Inn County Hall for their location and price. I am going to try the Hampton Inn Waterloo in March due to an incredibly good fully refundable price I nabbed months ago. So I’ll report back how that goes.

You have easy access to transportation, the area is very walkable, and there is lots to see.