Please sign in to post.

Hotels in London

Ideas for small and moderately priced hotel centrally located in London? We care mire about location than amenities.
Thanks

Posted by
8378 posts

The Premier Inn Hotel chain usually provides good value. I don’t think they fit the “small” hotel category, but it has several well located properties throughout London.

Posted by
2026 posts

We have stayed twice at the Luna and Simone Hotel and have been quite pleased both times. It isn’t fancy but very comfortable and well maintained. Breakfast was included. The staff were patient with my questions, welcoming, helpful and fun! A short walk to Victoria Station and also near Pimlico tube stop. Many restaurants and shopping opportunities close by. A bus to Trafalgar Square stopped in front of the hotel. When we return to London I won’t look for another hotel. Safe travels.

Posted by
6318 posts

I will second the rec for the Premier Inn chain. I've stayed at several of them, and have one booked for a 5 night mid-March stay. They are clean, have very comfortable beds, good service, are in a number of convenient locations and are very moderately priced (especially for London). I don't like surprises when staying in accommodations, and I don't have to worry about Premier Inns.

Posted by
1924 posts

Hotel 63 across from Kensington Gardens. Fabulous location and very close to very good public transportation.

This is a small B&B with a very rich history

Small but adequate breakfast is included. Very nice international staff.

Posted by
8669 posts

Another vote for 63 Bayswater. Have stayed there often since a flight attendant told me about it in the 90’s. Last stay 2022.

Clean, safe, affordable, comfortable. Has an elevator. Breakfast included in the price ( double check if that’s still a reality after covid)

63 is a 15 minute walk from Paddington Station and a half block from Lancaster Underground station. You can get to Westminster ( Parliament Square )
in 20-25 minutes with one change

63 is across the road from the Lancaster Gate into Hyde Park and Kensington Gardens. Nice spot for coffee inside the gate to the left or follow the Serpentine path past the Peter Pan Statue and nearby Princess Diana Memorial Fountain to the Lido cafe.

Posted by
6 posts

My wife and I have stayed twice at the Luna and Simone, although not for over a decade - glad to see it's still being recommended,

The rooms were quite basic but the location was superb, a hot breakfast was served in the mornings, and the staff were all very helpful.

There are no lifts, so bear that in mind if you have a lot of luggage.

Posted by
27116 posts

If you're traveling in the summer, give a thought to air conditioning. A lot of small, inexpensive hotels in London are not air conditioned. Most of the Premier Inns are.