Please sign in to post.

Hotels at Heathrow

We are looking for a moderately expensive hotel at Heathrow. Please help. Thanks

Posted by
1279 posts

Personally, I'd go to booking.com as you can put in area required, right down to the individual Terminal at Heathrow, and you can also specify price range, which would help filter out some of the other results. I'm sure that there are other sites that will do this equally well, but it so happens that my 'go to' site is booking.com.

Ian

Posted by
1435 posts

There is a Sofitel at Terminal 5 which is about 200 a night.

Posted by
8440 posts

We stayed at the Novotel (shuttle ride) last April. It was around £80 per night, which was the least expensive of our whole trip.

Posted by
14994 posts

The Sofitel is connected to Terminal 5. No shuttle buses, no trains. Join their frequent stay program for free and get discounted rates.

Posted by
390 posts

In past years, I stayed at the Hilton at Terminal 4. This summer I have booked the new Premier Inn, which appears to be located about the same direct walking distance via covered walkway from the terminal as the Hilton...and it's much less expensive.

I prefer walking via covered walkway instead of having to rely on an offsite hotel's shuttle bus.

Posted by
4 posts

Thanks to all of you for your help. Can someone tell me if three adults can stay in a family room at the Premier Inn? Much appreciated. Rudy

Posted by
27111 posts

It would probably be best to contact the hotel and ask. Look for a "Contact Us" link on the hotel's website.

However, I did a test on booking.com. I specified 3 adults for a random date in the second half of May, and what the site is recommending is two family rooms, for a total of 147 GBP. I don't know why the bed configurations displayed do not support use by 3 adults; perhaps the secondary beds (twin or sofa bed) are shorter than usual. It's also possible that the hotel does have some differently configured family rooms but they are just not available for the particular night I chose.

Posted by
5326 posts

Family rooms at a Premier Inn are for 2 adults and 2 children aged fifteen or under. The kids beds are small pull-out or sofa beds generally.

Posted by
4 posts

Thanks much. I doesn’t make sense that an hotel posts nothing but singles, doubles with children.

Posted by
27111 posts

As a general rule, European hotel rooms are quite a lot smaller than those in the US. (Manhattan being an obvious exception.)

Posted by
113 posts

Stayed at the Sofitel last year. It is a hike from the gate and then again to check in the next AM. My wife was in a wheel chair and one of the staff help with the luggage all the way to BA check in. Very kind. Very nice hotel. Check with the concierge and their is a pub nearby that will pick you up and return you to the hotel for no charge if you have dinner. was quite good.

Posted by
909 posts

As a general rule, European hotel rooms are quite a lot smaller than those in the US. (Manhattan being an obvious exception.)

Very true. I just ran the Sofitel at Terminal 5 for one night stay in mid-May for 3 people, you are looking at +/-$350. Unless you just need to stay at Heathrow, try looking outside of it. A lot of hotels available.

Ed

Posted by
5261 posts

I don't think that's especially true these days. Certainly with the large chains such as Hilton, Marriott, Novotel etc the rooms in Europe are not too dissimilar in size to those in the US. I've stayed in plenty of rooms in the US that were comparable in size to ones I've stayed in Europe (even smaller on occasions as I found in West Yellowstone!). Although a Homeaway suite in Dallas was ridiculously large. The two largest suites I've stayed in were at the Marriott Grande Flora in Rome and the JW Marriott in Bucharest. The smallest room was on Times Square.

Posted by
27111 posts

Fair enough, JC. I should have said "budget-level hotel rooms". I try to avoid business-class hotels in the US as well as in Europe for financial reasons.

Again, the Premier Inn is walkable from T4 and has extremely low rates.

Posted by
3941 posts

We stayed at the Holiday Inn (prob HI Express) in 2014 out by LHR. My mom was with us and we had no issues getting a room for 3 adults - there was a regular bed and a pull out couch for the 3rd person.

Posted by
1226 posts

Not sure if this is info you can use, but you can book many hotels, including the Sofitel, with AVIOS. I usually go through the BA website to look at what is available. Even without AVIOS, prices may differ there from what you see at each hotel's website.

Posted by
9420 posts

We stayed at the Hilton and loved it.

Posted by
5261 posts

I usually go through the BA website to look at what is available. Even without AVIOS, prices may differ there from what you see at each hotel's website.

I find BA has some fantastic deals for hotel and flight combinations. Myself and a number of friends have a fund into which we all pay £20 a month and once a year we have a weekend break somewhere in Europe booked through BA. Last year we flew to Warsaw and stayed two nights at the Westin all for £130 each, the money left over funded all our drinks and meals. The previous year was Sofia, this year will likely be Prague. I've tried to find similar deals by booking with the lower cost airlines and the hotel separately but can never come anywhere close to the prices BA offer, I can only assume they're making little profit on the flights and/or have great deals with the hotels.